Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Interesting McCain news

Oh boy. I received this email on Tuesday from Friends of McCain. I was on the McCain/Palin email list so this is where they probably got my address:

"Being the Republican nominee for President was one of the great honors of my life and an experience I will never forget. Some have wondered, after my hard fought presidential campaign, if I plan to run for re-election to the United States Senate.

I want you to know that I do intend to seek re-election. The magnitude of the financial crisis that many American families are facing makes it clear to me that I want to continue to serve our country in the Senate.


The economic challenges currently confronting our nation are immense and unfortunately, the Democrats in Congress propose addressing these challenges through increased spending that wastes billions of taxpayers dollars and saddles our children and grandchildren with a staggering debt. Their proposals will not stimulate economic growth or create jobs. While the leader of the Democratic Party, President Obama, has pledged to change business as usual in Washington and spoken of bipartisanship, I have been saddened to watch as Congressional Democrats try to use their majority to advocate more of the same failed policies and wasteful spending of the past. With so much at stake, now is not the time to step away from my work in the Senate. As always, I anticipate a tough re-election challenge. But with your help, we will counter those efforts and put forth an aggressive campaign by registering new voters, reaching out to Democrats, Independents and Republicans, and again earning the support of Hispanic and Native American voters in Arizona. I am honored to serve the people of Arizona as their United States Senator. I would be most appreciative of your support of my re-election efforts and hope you will click here to join my re-election team. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
John McCain"

Believe me, I'm grateful that he chose Palin as his running mate last year. At the time, I thought his main reason for picking her was because that was his last shot at running for President and therefore wasn't as scared of picking a bold choice. I was proud of him for doing that. But now, after everything that happened during the campaign and after, it seems like he's buying into the idea that Palin is the reason he lost. I don't know for sure; it just seems that way to me. I can't forgive him standing idly by while she was attacked by his people. And I certainly won't forgive him for running a lousy campaign and "reaching out to Democrats." I've had enough of that.

I'm grateful for his sacrifices and life-long public service, but I wish he would just focus on his Arizona constituency now.

No comments: