Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Reaganesque Palin

I just listened to Palin's speech tonight as she was the opening act introducing Michael Reagan, who was in Anchorage to give a talk titled: "What would Ronald Reagan do today?"

I didn't get to hear Michael Reagan's speech, but I have a feeling this could be one of those times where the opening act was more entertaining than the headliner. I admit this wasn't one of Palin's best-delivered speeches. I didn't see video, but it appeared to be an "off the cuff" type speech, that kind of meandered a bit here and there. It wasn't completely polished. But wow, was I riveted at the content.

Palin discussed many things from her love of our country, to the ridiculous federal stimulus, to national security, to the ethics complaints filed against her. She also spoke pretty openly about her critics and her decision to stay in the spotlight.

"Those are the folks who want to tell me, they want to tell you, to sit down and shut up. We will not do that. I just can't, because I love my state. I love my country."

and

"I want to encourage you, don't just hang in there to get a long - stand up and speak up, and be bold and demand that Washington be prudent with our public monies, and prioritize America's security."
Listening to it gave me chills. She is someone who will not be broken, no matter how hard her critics try. She truly loves freedom, is proud of our history and what America stands for. Talk about someone inspiring Hope! She does, in spades. I feel like the world has gone mad while reading about what Obama is doing in Cairo. But when I listen to her I feel hope again that we can turn this around.

She discussed her admiration of Ronald Reagan and how he handled the Cold War. She equated it to the terrorist attacks we face. She said that Reagan always said "We win, they lose." and how that should still be our mentality. She talked about how political correctness made our words ineffective and meaningless and she was not afraid to recognize evil and call it out when she sees it.

She talked about the dangers of big government, out of control spending and how it could escalate to make a terrible situation worse.

"Since when can you get out of huge national debt by creating trillions of dollars of new debt?"
"We need to be aware of the creation of a fearful population, and fearful lawmakers, being led to believe that big government is the answer, to bail out the private sector, because then government gets to get in there and control it. And mark my words, this is going to be next, I fear, bail out next debt-ridden states."
The audio is here, at Real Clear Politics. Please listen to it if you have time.

3 comments:

Northern Exposer said...

She is to be reckoned with. I'm telling you, she will be the DNC's undoing. When the time is right, she's going to do some real damage to them.

Chills? That's not the word.

Have you seen this?
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/palin_government_control/2009/06/05/221966.html?s=al&promo_code=810E-1

Northern Exposer said...

Or this...? Chris Tingle is at it again.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/06/05/matthews-on-palin-its-paranoid-to-think-big-government-leads-to-controlling-the-people/

Northern Exposer said...

And one more fer ya.

Someone else is looking out for her, too:

http://www.conservatives4palin.com/2009/06/hey-geoffrey-let-me-show-you-real.html

Cheers.