Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Reading Going Rogue

My preordered copy arrived yesterday and I started reading it last night. I'll post a review when I finish it.

I can't help but wonder while I'm reading is what John McCain must be thinking - not in the context of backstabbing aides, but in the campaign as a whole. Reading this book, you get to see the real Sarah who is of course an amazing person. The family photos in the book could be your family, my family, anybody's family. She is a regular American citizen who worked hard to be elected governor without all the networking, finances and endorsements of uber rich elite career politicians. And yet McCain didn't seem to appreciate her. Somewhere there was greatness in him to choose Palin but then he went soft on fighting Obama during the campaign and didn't try hard enough to make sure Obama didn't win. Now we have someone in the White House who hates the America that Palin embodies so much. I just don't get it.

And that's not how Palin wrote the book, from that perspective - not at all. That's just what *I* was thinking while reading it. It's a great shame that she isn't our VP right now. Reading the book you know she is exactly the person we need. We already knew that, but reading Going Rogue just reinforces it. My heart is broken that McCain/Palin didn't win. But the silver lining is that hopefully it paved the way for her to run for President, without having the shackles of being only the VP, and win!

No comments: