Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Stand Up For Our Nation" coming soon

As has been reported, Palin is going to announce soon her new political organization called "Stand Up For Our Nation." I'm not an expert on PACs at all but I read that this will be a different sort of PAC than the one Palin currently has, SarahPAC. There are so many laws regarding politicians, money and legal activities (as we all know!) that this PAC will probably allow her to do things that SarahPAC won't. I'm excited for it!

Palin Plans New Political Group
The Wall Street Journal Washington Wire blog
October 14, 2009, 2:31 PM ET
Michael M. Phillips reports on the doings of conservative favorite Sarah Palin.

Sarah Palin fans can expect to see a new Palin political organization surface as her memoir, “Going Rogue: An American Life,” hits the shelves next month.

“There will be an announcement about it coming up,” Palin associate Tim Crawford said Wednesday.

The New York Post reported this week that Palin’s new group will be called “Stand Up For Our Nation.” (News Corp. owns both the Post and The Wall Street Journal as well as HarperCollins Publishers, publisher of Palin’s book.) Crawford, who is treasurer of Palin’s existing political-action committee, SarahPAC, refused to provide any details about the new organization’s purpose or structure.

But Palin supporters say the former Alaska governor and last year’s GOP vice presidential nominee is eager to keep the public’s attention, even as she rakes in big earnings. “She wants to continue to be in a position to help causes dear to her heart and help people close to her,” said Fred Malek, a former fund-raiser for Sen. John McCain. Unlike many who were at McCain’s side during the 2008 campaign, Malek remains on friendly terms with Palin.

Palin’s spokeswoman, Meghan Stapleton, did not respond to numerous requests for comment.

Palin quit the Alaska governorship in July, midway through her first term. Since then, she has been working on her memoir, posting Facebook messages to her conservative fans and offering her services as a public speaker.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

America loves you Sarah I love you Sarah You give me hope for our nation You're the only one who has inspired me in my adult life since I've become interested in politics
I became interested in politics during the Reagan era I loved him too I was impressed with his sin-
cereity I see that quality in you Sarah and am inspired You did alot of good in our great state of Alaska and I hope you can rise to the challenge-and it is a challenge- of working your way through the ranks of American politics I feel it has become far more difficult than our fore-fathers intended but I feel you have the "stuff" it takes to make the journey Just buck up baby and make the dreams of myself and so many other Americans come true Please don't let us down in this dark hour in our history because a few journalists who don't understand how precious our freedom is pass judgement on you without understanding what it is you represent My grandparents would be proud of you Sarah especially my grandmother who was from Texas Please take heart and realize there are those of us out here who secretly wish for things to return to a time when the government truly was by the people and for the people and we can help with our votes to begin removing the people who do not serve our best interests God bless you and your beautiful family Sarah and thank you for your sacrifices

Best regards
Your fellow American
Walt